South Dakota's Department of Agriculture and DENR have merged.
You are viewing an archived site, please update bookmarks and visit our new website at
SOUTH DAKOTA Department of
Agriculture & Natural Resources

Protecting South Dakota's Tomorrow...Today!
Joe Foss Building
523 E Capitol Ave
Pierre, SD 57501-3182
Contact Us  Field Offices

Solid Waste

Petroleum Contaminated Soil Landfarms

Waste Management logo






Permitted Petroleum Contaminated Soil Landfarms


The State of South Dakota has permitted many different facilities within the state to operate as treatment sites for petroleum contaminated soil.  A number of the permitted sites are located at Municipal Solid Waste Landfills or Restricted Use Sites.  However, the majority of Petroleum Contaminated Soil Landfarm Facilities are permitted exclusively for treating petroleum contaminated soil.

Application form and permit to Operate a Petroleum Contaminated Soil Landfarm

To obtain a permit or to receive authorization to operate a Petroleum Contaminated Soil Landfarm, complete and submit an application form.

To request a list of facilities permitted to accept petroleum contaminated soil, contact Jim Wendte by e-mail or by calling (605) 773-3153.

Acrobat logo If you are unable to view any documents linked to this page, you may need to use this free Adobe Acrobat Reader