Current Activities and Projects
- Spring Smoke School will be held April 27-28, 2021, at the Ft Pierre Expo Center.
- South Dakota's Volkswagen Mitigation Trust website will be used to track the progress of Volkswagen's Settlement Agreement, provide an avenue for public input on the mitigation plan, and track DENR's progress in developing and implementing its mitigation plan.
DENR announces rebate recipients of round four of the VW Truck Program. Click here for more information.
DENR announces rebate recipients of round 13 of the clean diesel grant program. The program will be funded with a combination of EPA DERA funds and VW mitigation trust funds. Click here for more information.
DENR announces rebate recipients of round one of the Volkswagen Electric Vehicle Charging Station Program. Click here for more information.
- Clean Diesel Grant Program (Bus Replacement) Round 13 bus rebate recipients announced.
Now Available - Submit Reports Electronically: The Air Quality Program will electronically accept reports required by an air quality permit through email. To use the email system, an acrobat copy (PDF) of the report must be attached to the email. The acrobat copy of the report must contain the following:
1) The information required in the permit;
2) The actual signature of the responsible official; and
3) The following statement: "I declare and affirm under the penalties of perjury that this claim (petition, application, information) has been examined by me, and to the best of my knowledge and belief, is in all things true and correct."
If you would like to take advantage of electronic submittals, please send your reports to the following email address: AirQualityReporting@state.sd.usThe only exception involves the annual “Operational Reports” because it is required to be notarized. Those reports still need to be submitted as hard copies.
- Interactive webpage listing facilities regulated in South Dakota under the Clean Air Act. The webpage identifies those facilities that have a Title V operating permit or a Minor operating permit. In addition, the webpage identifies those facilities that are applicable to a federal regulation but do not require a permit in South Dakota, which are often referred to as an area source. Where applicable, a copy of the facility's current permit, a copy of DENR's narrative regulatory review, called a statement of basis, and DENR's most recent inspection report are provided. Although DENR makes every attempt to ensure the information placed on this web site is accurate and current, the user should understand that the information is not guaranteed to be correct or complete. Conclusions or actions taken (based upon the maps and the information contained therein) are the sole responsibility of the user.