The Waste Management Program has developed several "general" permits. A general permit is designed to apply to a variety of similar facilities. The general permit is often more restrictive than a permit written specifically for a particular facility (known as an individual permit), but the process for receiving authorization to operate is streamlined and more efficient.
All facilities must receive Department of Environment and Natural Resources authorization to operate under a general permit, before accepting any waste. For this reason, possession of a copy of a general permit does not mean that a facility is authorized to operate. Click here if you wish to download application forms that can be used to apply for either individual or general permits.
- Petroleum Contaminated Soil Landfarm
- Restricted Use Sites
- Transfer Stations
- Storage and/or Land Application of Solid Waste
- Construction and Demolition Debris Sites
- Storage and/or Land Application of Dairy Processing By-Products and Waste Milk
- Yard Waste Composting Sites
- For individual permits, click here.
For additional information on general permits or the permitting process, contact Jim Wendte by e-mail or by calling (605) 773-3153.
If you are unable to view any documents linked to this page, you may need to use this free Adobe Acrobat Reader