SOUTH DAKOTA Department of
Environment & Natural Resources

Protecting South Dakota's Tomorrow...Today!
Joe Foss Building
523 E Capitol
Pierre, SD 57501
Field Offices
Contact Us

Surface Water

Temporary Discharge Permit

If you are planning to temporarily discharge water to waters of the state such as construction dewatering you may need a temporary discharge permit.

You should make sure to read and understand the conditions of the permit. A copy of the Temporary Discharge Permit is available in adobe acrobat format.  You may also obtain a hard copy by contacting DENR.

To obtain coverage under the temporay discharge permit, fill out the short application form, called the Notice of Intent and submit to the address below. For more information please contact the Stormwater Staff at (605) 773-3351.

Department of Environment and Natural Resources
Surface Water Quality Program
Joe Foss Building
523 East Capitol
Pierre, SD 57501-3181