Electronic Reporting of DMRs (NetDMR) is Now Available to South Dakota Permittees
During the 2010 session, the South Dakota Legislature passed HB1013, which authorizes the South Dakota Department of Environment and Natural Resources (SDDENR) to accept environmental reports electronically.
April of 2011, SDDENR received approval from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to use their online system, “NetDMR”, to accept Discharge Monitoring Reports (DMRs) electronically. Hundreds of cities and industries in South Dakota are required to submit these reports to SDDENR documenting the quality of water released from their wastewater treatment systems. This system will make it faster and easier for permittees to submit the reports and for SDDENR to process them.
Electronic reporting is currently voluntary and will eliminate the need to submit paper copies of the DMRs for the facilities that choose to participate. We have more information about electronic reporting and EPA’s NetDMR system below.
*PLEASE NOTE* EPA is currently in the process of proposing rules that will make using electronic reporting mandatory for DMR submittal, beginning in January 2014.
What is NetDMR?
- NetDMR is a free web based program that allows SDDENR Surface Water Discharge (SWD) permittees to electronically sign and submit their (DMRs).
- After approval is granted, NetDMR enables permittees to complete DMRs that are specific to their permit limits and outfalls via a secure internet connection.
- NetDMR allows permittees to complete a DMR .
Who can use NetDMR?
NetDMR is now open to all permitted facilities that are required to submit a DMR to us and has access to a computer (see computer requirements below).
How do I get started?
Permittees are required to attend one of the NetDMR trainings listed below, prior to using the system. All three training options provide an overview of the NetDMR account creation, managing access, and data entry processes.
- Following the completion of the NetDMR training sessions, your permit signatory (mayor or principal executive officer) or an authorized signatory will need to create the account by going to the following link: https://netdmr.epa.gov/netdmr/public/login.htm.
- Prior to creating your account, please contact us and we will email you a NetDMR Account Creation manual. This manual is user friendly and will walk you through the account creation process.
*PLEASE NOTE* Those facilities wishing to practice creating accounts and submitting DMRs into a test environment prior to going live, need to contact SDDENR for more information.
Computer System Requirements
- NetDMR is a web based system and requires Internet and a web browser for a facility to gain access. NetDMR requires the following:
1. Internet Access Requirements
- High-speed access to the Internet, such as DSL, cable-modem, T1, or partial T1.
2. Hardware Requirements
- Minimum Pentium III processor and 128 megabytes of RAM
3. Browser Requirements
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 6.X or Firefox 2.0 (or higher versions).
4. Other Requirements
- Cookies Enabled
- Screen Resolution (recommended) 1024 x 768