SOUTH DAKOTA Department of
Environment & Natural Resources

Protecting South Dakota's Tomorrow...Today!
Joe Foss Building
523 E Capitol
Pierre, SD 57501
Field Offices
Contact Us

Ground Water Quality Program


Radioactive Materials and Radiation Machine


All industrial use radiological sources or radiation producing machines are required to registered with the DENR. It's a registration requirement, not a license per se as the DENR does not have regulatory authority for the licensing. It's a one page form that must be submitted to DENR.  The form describes the activity of the source/radiation output of the machine along with location they're being used and the safety person/owner responsible for them.

Radioactive Materials and Radiation Machine Registration Form

For more information contact Rick Lancaster or Kelsey Newling at (605) 773-3296�or E-mail