SOUTH DAKOTA Department of
Environment & Natural Resources

Protecting South Dakota's Tomorrow...Today!
Joe Foss Building
523 E Capitol
Pierre, SD 57501
Field Offices
Contact Us

Feedlot Permit Program

Information for New and Expanding Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations (CAFO)

DENR logoAs of January 1, 2015, 412 animal feeding operations are covered by the General Water Pollution Control Permit for Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations. When new or expanding CAFOs are seeking information about the permitting process, the department provides the following information upon request. This information is now available online on the links below.

     General Permit

     Permit Application Process Checklist

     Site Planning Maps

     List of Design Consultants

     List of Crop Consultants

You may contact Kent Woodmansey at (605) 773-3351 for more information about feedlot regulations.

Return to Top