Recent Activities and Current Projects
- July 31, 2017 - Fall Smoke School has been scheduled for September 26 & 27, 2017, in Pierre, SD. Both the classroom session and field certification will be offered.
- July 6, 2017 - DENR has reviewed the Title V air quality operating fees and has drafted proposed changes. DENR is requesting initial input on the proposed draft changes prior to beginning the formal rulemaking process. The draft proposed changes do not impact the Title V air quality operating fees paid by ethanol plants.
- June 12, 2017 - The effect of the proposed amendments is to update the existing air quality regulations in ARSD 74:36 by incorporating updated, codified regulations by reference and clarifying when air quality modeling is required. The proposed rules are open for public review and comments through July 19, 2017.
- January 25, 2017 - DENR has developed an interactive webpage listing facilities regulated in South Dakota under the Clean Air Act. The webpage identifies those facilities that have a Title V operating permit or a Minor operating permit. In addition, the webpage identifies those facilities that are applicable to a federal regulation but do not require a permit in South Dakota, which are often referred to as an area source. Where applicable, a copy of the facilities’ current permit, a copy of DENR’s narrative regulatory review, called a statement of basis, and DENR’s most recent inspection report is provided. Although DENR makes every attempt to ensure the information placed on this web site is accurate and current, the user should understand that the information is not guaranteed to be correct or complete. Conclusions or actions taken (based upon the maps and the information contained therein) is the sole responsibility of the user.
- January 9, 2017 - Round Nine rebate recipients announced for the Clean Diesel Grant Program (School Bus Replacement)