Current Activities and Projects
- South Dakota's Volkswagen Mitigation Trust website will be used to track the progress of Volkswagen's Settlement Agreement, provide an avenue for public input on the mitigation project, and track DENR's progress in developing and implementing its mitigation projects.
- Proposed changes to DENR's Title V air quality operating permit program fees have been developed and reviewed. DENR has scheduled a public hearing for October 18, 2017, to consider those changes. The proposed changes do not impact the Title V air quality operating fees paid by ethanol plants.
- Fall Smoke School scheduled for September 26 & 27, 2017, in Pierre. Both the classroom session and field certification will be offered.
- Interactive webpage listing facilities regulated in South Dakota under the Clean Air Act. The webpage identifies those facilities that have a Title V operating permit or a Minor operating permit. In addition, the webpage identifies those facilities that are applicable to a federal regulation but do not require a permit in South Dakota, which are often referred to as an area source. Where applicable, a copy of the facility's current permit, a copy of DENR's narrative regulatory review, called a statement of basis, and DENR's most recent inspection report are provided. Although DENR makes every attempt to ensure the information placed on this web site is accurate and current, the user should understand that the information is not guaranteed to be correct or complete. Conclusions or actions taken (based upon the maps and the information contained therein) are the sole responsibility of the user.
- Round Nine rebate recipients for Clean Diesel Grant Program (School Bus Replacement)